Accumulate 200km over 42 days OR finish 200km all in one go (guaranteed Shiok! to the MAX!).
Earn an exclusive 200km Finisher T-Shirt & a Large-Sized Medal in recognition of your amazing achievement!As part of the Shiok! experience, participants who complete a predetermined 200km route in less than 43 hours (in 1 continuous period) will be inducted into the Shiok! 200km Ultramarathon Roll of Honour in recognition of their display of pure grit & tenacity.
*In addition, participants who complete the predetermined 200km route in the following timings will be conferred the respective titles in the Shiok! 200km Ultramarathon Roll of Honou:
- 36 hours to below 43 hours (NEW for 2022): Ultra Specialist
- 30 hours to below 36 hours: Ultra Master
- 24 hours to below 30 hours: Ultraordinaire
- Less than 24 hours: Ultra Invincible
- 1 Finisher T-Shirt (quick dry & light fabric)
- 1 Large-sized Finisher Medal
- An E-Bib Number Tag
- An E-CertificateEligible Activities
*Run, Walk & Hike activities in the outdoors are eligible.
- The above activities must be done in the outdoors (with a map showing the route you did during the activity).
- Indoor activities WILL NOT be eligible/will not qualify, such as on a treadmill, in sheltered areas such as malls/buildings/car parks(basement/multi-storey)/home/office/gym/etc.
- Manual entries of activities & activities without route maps tracking the actual activity will not be eligible.
- Use of mobility devices/motorised vehicles such as bicycles/scooters/skateboards/vehicles/motorcycles/etc are not permitted during the actual activity.
*Participants who are doing the 200km accumulated over multiple sessions OR do not need to be inducted into the Roll of Honour can choose their own route(s), but the route(s) taken must be outdoor.
*However, participants in Singapore who wish to be inducted into the Shiok! 200km Ultramarathon Roll of Honour must do their activity on this predetermined 200km route in Singapore designed by Ben Swee:
- Click HERE to view the route via Google My Maps.
- Click HERE to view the route via MapMyRun
- Click HERE to download the GPX file of the route to your device
- Participants can start at any point along this predetermined route but must follow the route & finish at the same location as their start point. Participants can detour to other locations BUT should not skip any section of the predetermined route.
- Participants can choose whichever direction to start from.
- Participants should ensure they are able to view the route map on their device (e.g. mobile phone, watch, etc) BEFORE starting their activity.
- Participants who do not need to be inducted into the Shiok! 200km Ultramarathon Roll of Honour do not need to follow the above route.
- Participants who are based overseas & wish to qualify for the Ultramarathon Roll of Honour must plot & complete a 200km route in your country. The route must be either a single loop 200km OR an out & back route with 100km each way OR a one way 200km route. The route must not have any overlapping section(s) nor loop repeats. Overseas participants will need to submit their planned 200km route (using any type of mapping app/software such as www.MapMyRun.com) to Ben for review BEFORE they start.
*Activities are to be completed within the 42 days (6 weeks) period, from 5 Dec 2022 12.00am to 15 Jan 2023 11.59pm.
- Participants can start their activities at any time/day from 5 Dec 2022 12.00am midnight onwards.
- The last activity must be completed by 15 Jan 2023 11.59pm. Any activities finishing on/after 16 Jan 2023 12.00am will not be counted.
- Participants have up to 42 days to accumulate 200km, which equates to 4.8km per day/33.6km per week.
Tracking of Activities via Strava
*Strava (https://www.strava.com/) will be used as the primary means of tracking/monitoring participant's activities. Hence, participants must have a Strava account during the period of the event.
- For those who do not have a Strava account, this is a free-to-join app which you can use it to record your activities OR sync with your activity tracking devices such as Garmin, Coros, Suunto, etc.
Click HERE to view the Guide for Beginners to Strava.
Click HERE to access the Strava Help & Support Centre.
Create a Strava account via any of the below methods:
- Desktop: https://www.strava.com/
- Google Play for Android device: Click HERE
- App Store for iPhone: Click HERE
*In the registration form, you'll need to input your Strava Athlete Name & the URL link to your Strava profile (for example, the URL link to Ben Swee's Strava account is: https://www.strava.com/athletes/15096947)
NOTE: If you are unable to locate the URL link to your Strava profile, please 'follow' Ben Swee (Click HERE) & he will 'follow' you.
*Please allow Ben Swee to 'follow' your Strava account and set your privacy settings to allow 'Followers' or 'Everyone' to view your activities so he can verify your activities.
*In an email sent by Ben containing your e-Bib number tag, it will include a link to a specially created Strava Club for this event which you need to click on to request to join. NOTE: There might be several clubs/groups created for this event & participants will be assigned by Ben to join only 1 of the groups. Please do not request for changes to your assigned Club/Group.
*The Leaderboard of the Strava Club/Group will only show the weekly distance you have achieved from your running activities. So you may wish to set the Activity Type for all your walking & hiking activities to 'Run' for the period of the event. In addition, the Leaderboard will only show the activities which you have set to allow 'Everyone' to view. If you have set your privacy control to 'Private' or allowing only your 'Followers' to view, your activities will not be shown in the Leaderboard.
*Upon completing 200km (accumulated or done in 1 go), please inform Ben (via email or WhatsApp/SMS) so he can verify your activities & send the e-certificate to you.
*Activities will be randomly verified. If there are any suspicious/ineligible activities (e.g. unbelievable pace/distance, manual entries, duplicate activities, no route map, indoor/sheltered, treadmill, etc), the distance from those activities will not be eligible.
NOTE: For your convenience, you do not need to manually submit your activities/screenshots of your activities to us for verification as Ben will view your activities in your Strava account.
Shiok! 200km Ultramarathon Roll of Honour
*To qualify to be inducted into the Roll of Honour, participants in Singapore MUST complete the predetermined 200km route (as shown above, under the Route section, without skipping any sections) in less than 43 hours (42hr 59min 59sec), based on the total elapsed time taken from the Start of the 200km until the Finish (inclusive of all types/forms of rest stops/pauses such as resting/eating/drinking/naps/restroom/charging devices/shower). NOTE: Participants based overseas(out of Singapore) must plot a 200km route (single loop OR out & back 100km each way OR one way 200km, without overlapping sections & loop repeats) and subsequently complete that 200km route in less than 43 hours to qualify. The 200km route must be sent to Ben for review BEOFRE starting their activity.
*In addition, participants who complete the predetermined 200km route within the following timings will be conferred the following titles in the Roll of Honour:
- 36 hours to < 43 hours: Ultra Specialist
- 30 hours to < 36 hours: Ultra Master
- 24 hours to < 30 hours: Ultraordinaire
- Sub-24 hours: Ultra Invincible
*Multiple activities are allowed, as long as the total elapsed time of all the activities is less than one single continuous period of 43 hours.
- For example, if you start at 10pm on a Friday, you must finish 200km by 4.59pm that Sunday, which is a total elapsed time of 42 hours 59 minutes 59 seconds.
*There is no limit on the number of attempts.
NOTE: Please inform Ben Swee after you have finished.
Shipping of items
*Shipping is free of charge for Singapore addresses.
*Additional charges will apply for shipping to overseas addresses (outside of Singapore). NOTE: If your shipping address is outside of Singapore but you registered using the "Shipping within Singapore" registration form, we will not ship the items to your overseas address.
*As the event ends by late Jan 2023, the Finisher T-Shirt & Medal are targeted to be shipped out by Apr 2023 (due to the Chinese New Year period), depending on when the items are delivered by the vendors.
NOTE: If the shipping address you provided is wrong, we will not resend the items and there will not be any refund of any amount. Hence, please ensure you input the correct shipping address and contact number in the registration form.
Terms & Conditions of Participation
*By registering for the Shiok! 200km, you fully agree to participate at your own risk & fully indemnify the organiser, Running Guild & Ben Swee, and its partners/sponsors against any claim(s), not limited to medical/monetary, for any health issue(s), injury, and/or death as a result of your participation.
*Please abide by the COVID-19 rules & regulations.
*Exchange of T-Shirt size is subject to availability and shipping costs for the exchange are to be paid by the participant prior to the exchange.
*After payment of the registration fee, you acknowledge and accept that there will not be any refund to you, be it a partial or full amount. In addition, there will not be any roll over of your entry to another event. However, you can transfer your registration to another person before the start of the event's qualifying period by notifying the organiser at email@example.com.
* Please ensure you are in good health before taking part. We recommend you have a personal health/accident insurance policy.
*Please take all necessary precautions before, during & after the activity, such as: medication, first aid/anti-blister kit, sufficient rest/sleep.
*Do the activity together with someone if it is possible. If you're heading out alone, please ensure you inform someone about your route, estimated duration & what time you expect to be back to home.
*Bring along your mobile phone during the activity as it'll be useful in the event of an emergency.
*Bring a power bank & charging cable(s) if you are going to be out for a long time, to charge your mobile phone/watch/etc.
*Hydrate & Fuel well before, during & after the activity.
*Stay alert & beware of danger along the route, e.g. pedestrians, vehicles, bicycles, motorised devices, potholes, dangerous animals/insects/plants, etc.
*Please watch out/stay clear of oncoming vehicles, especially when you are on the road/pedestrian crossing/zebra crossing. Cross only when it's safe to do so.
*Wear bright/reflective apparel/socks/footwear/items so others are aware of your presence. You may also wish to bring a headlamp/rear blinker light if you're out at night.
*Be prepared for severe/bad/hot weather/lightning/strong wind. You may wish to bring a rain jacket/poncho & change of clothes.
*Have a good recovery after the activity, e.g. recovery drink/meal, massage, foam rolling, stretching.
*Registration has closed.
*Registration Fee includes:
- A Shiok! 200km Finisher T-Shirt (quick dry & light material)
- A Shiok! 200km Finisher Medal (large sized)
- An E-Bib (will be sent to you via email within 48 hours or so after your registration & payment)
- An E-Certificate
*Registration Fee (Singapore Dollars)
- Shipping within Singapore
- S$34 per person (for payment via PayNow/PayLah/Transfer)
- S$37 per person (for payment via Credit Card)
NOTE: Shipping fee is included
- After verifying payment has been received, a confirmation email with an E-Bib number tag will be sent to you within 48 hours or so. Please check your junk/spam mail as it may be directed to there. To avoid our email from being directed to your junk/spam folder, please add this email address as a safe sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Registration Options & Payment Modes
PayNow/PayLah/Deposit payment (S$34)
Credit Card payment (S$37)